Drunk in Cochabamba
Those who know me well know that I don`t get drunk that often. Ok, on my birthday, the summer-end vball tourny (can`t believe I missed Steph being drunk this year....), and a few other occasional times, but less than a handful times per year. And I really didn`t touch alcohol until I was of age, and the first time I got drunk was when I was 20. So I`ve been incredibly disciplined my last 22 years.
And I`d never thrown up from drinking too much - until this Saturday.
Tiana went to a club called PIMIENTA a few weeks ago, and had been dying to go since. So Saturday night, the gang decide to go.
Around 8pm, Tiana, Sandra and I start drinking while we help Sandra make her cake for Sunday morning (she had to go to work Sunday). Then 3 students from school came to our house - Andy, Stefan, and Yann. Stefan brought the son of his host family who is around our age, Paulo. Paulo also brought along his cousin, Eliana, who is the daughter of Andy`s host family. (And Paulo and Eliana are also cousins of the daughters at Tiana`s host family that she lived with, because the host mothers of Stefan`s family, Andy`s family, and Tiana`s host family are all sisters! Was that confusing enough for you?) And Eliana brough along her friend Carmen.
We left for the club around 11pm, but before we did, Eliana and Carmen made everyone do these HUGE shots of this liquour called Singani, made from grapes. Its gross, and the shots were like 3 shots of shots back home. And we all did two of that.
So by the time we got to the club, the Singani was hitting me HARD. To be honest, i don`t remember much from the club...couldn`t tell you where it is.....nor what it looked like inside...I just remember orange-ish lights.
About 1.5 hours later, Tiana and Andy decide I should head home. (I don`t remember having a say in the matter - sometimes they are so bossy. haha) And so Andy, Paulo, and Tiana accompany me home.
Like I said, I`ve never thrown up from consuming too much alocohol, so I didn`t know that by the time you think "oh, I might throw up", its already too late. The second I thought that, I was already puking, in the taxi...
Now what was really funny that we found out the next day was this.
When I started throwing up, Tiana yelled "PULL OVER!! PULL OVER!!" to Andy, so he can tell the taxi driver in Spanish because she couldn`t think of "pull over" in Spanish (the next day, she was like "why didn`t i just say STOP? i know stop!"). Andy`s English is perfect, we communicate in English all the time, but he just happened to not know the term "pull over". So he told us the next day that when Tiana said that, he thought "pullover", as in like a sweatshirt. Andy, being the sweet 19 year old he is (he is the type I would let date my sister), thought "Asuka is cold? I can give her my t-shirt but will it be enough??!"
So, while i`m puking, Tiana is yelling "PULL OVER!!" and Andy is about to strip!!! Soooooo funny.
Needless to say, I needed pretty much the whole day Sunday to recover!
1 Comments:
OMG...I would give up an arm to be there Asuka!!! Well maybe not an arm..need that for vball..how about shave my head...!!! And that's saying a lot...seeing how i'm in love with my hair...=S
Huu
Post a Comment
<< Home