Finally, a visit from the bastard
Its been a good run.... for 2.5 months, i was invincible!!! All of my fellow gringos (foreigners) revered me because I could eat anything and not get sick. LOL.
But finally!! I´ve been waiting for the bastard, and its finally come.
It must´ve been something I ate Sunday. Sunday afternoon, Sandra (my other roomate) and I went to a nearby village because they have sunday markets there. I ate...a slice of a pinapple, and some bread, which looked safe enough, but here, you can never tell. Because I mean, its not like the bacteria or germs are visible right.
And that night, I had to go to the bathroom a few times, and threw up once. Monday morning, i woke up, and threw up a little more, made several trips to the bathroom. I felt really weak, my legs felt like jello!
But ya know, when you´re just WAITING for something like this to happen at any moment, its not so bad when it actually happens! I managed to drag myself to the laboratory to get an analysis of my feces (its routine here), then in the afternoon, i went to an English-speaking doctor with my results.
The good news is that i don´t have parasites... which means its some kind of bacterial infection, but the bad news is that they don´t know what kind. So I had to go back to the lab for some more tests, and in the meantime, my doctor gave me some anti-biotics.
All day yesterday, i stayed in bed. I was so amazed at how much one could sleep! I literally slept the whole day. I didn´t eat anything, except for one banana. I had no apetite, but my doctor advised that I drink at least 2 liters of water because my body is dehydrated, and so i did that.
But this morning, when i woke up, i felt fine!!! Yea, those anti-biotics must be kicking in. My body felt fine, just like normal, the only thing is my voice. I think my throat has become really sensitive here, probably becuase of the pollution. And well, i still have no apetite, but no running to the bathroom, no throwing up, i have energy, and its just peachy.
So need not worry folks! Asuka is just fine! Recovering smoothly!
1 Comments:
AWWWWW...lol....well, i hope you're feeling better! It's amazing you went thus far without getting sick! You're a trooper...
Huu
Take cares.
Post a Comment
<< Home