YEWS Asuka In Cochabamba, BOLIVIA

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Small Fundraising Idea

Folks, if you haven´t recieved my email about my little fundraising idea, you can read the following (I´m too lazy to write another paragraph about it, so i´m just gona cut and paste from what i wrote to everyone):

Hello!!

I'm still in Bolivia, and as my departure is creeping up, i've been thinking about what i can give back to the children of the orphanage at where I've spent my last 4 months, in return for all that they have given me. Their radiant smiles, their vibrant laughter, their bottom-less energy has so many times brought joy to my heart and made a mundane day so memorable. (Not to mention letting me sleep well at night from being so exhausted from playing with them)

There are so many things I would love to give them, more clothes, more toys, more pencils and crayons. Or even fix the old and dangerous railings in the buildings.

I was considering the possiblity of making a small donation prior to my departure, possibly to fix such railings, or for whatever they deem is most necessary. While thinking about that, I thought, "I'll bet there are a lot of people back home who would love to pitch in." Obviously, the more I can collect to give, the more the children recieve.

So, if you would like to pitch in, any amount is great, even as little as $5, it would be greatly appreciated not just by me, but by the kids. If you are interested, just write back and tell me the amount you would like to give, and I will add that to my humble donation. And we can set up a way for you to pay me back, whether it be meeting up personally when I get back, or just sending it via mail.

Thanks for your time!

Sincerely,
asuka


* I am now considering buying the kids a bunch of new tricycles and bicycles, since they ones they have are getting super old.
* If you are interested, email me at asuka_y@hotmail.com
* If you´d like to donate, please let me know by MARCH 1st
* Thank you SO MUCH for all of you who have already responded with such generous donations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home