YEWS Asuka In Cochabamba, BOLIVIA

Sunday, August 29, 2004

Hola from Cochabamba!!

I´m here!!!
At about 8am, I arrived in Cochabamba, the 3rd biggest city in Bolivia.

The plan ride here was a total of 12 hours, an everything went well except for my MISSING SUITCASE!!!
those damn americans...

I had 2, but i only got 1 in Cochabamba, and it seems like the other one is stil in Miami.
But the really really bad thing that realy really pisses me off is that the suitcase that i did get, when i opened it at my host family´s house, i found the broken off handle of my other suitcase! And along with the handle was the freaken TAG for the bag!! How the hell are they gona search for my bag without the tag on it?!?!
They must´ve opened both bags to check the content, and broke off the handle for one and just put it in the other suitcase....
omg how irresponsible is that?? They must FULLY understand that without the tag, it would be incredibly difficult to find the bag....

my phrase of the day: damn americans....

Anyways, i hope i can still retrieve my suitcase, since i think it still has a name tag on the other handle.

Other than that though, so far its been good!
In orientation, they said the first stages of culture shock you´ll experience is the "honeymoon stage", because everything just seems wonderful, and you´re absolutely lovin´ it.
I´m definately at that stage.

My host family whom I¨ll be staying with for 6 weeks is really really nice. And I¨ve shown then pictures of toronto, japan, etc.
I start school tomorrow, and hopefully as the days go by, i´ll be able to communicate better with the host family!

We ventured out to town in the afternoon, and are taking a break at this internet cafe.
The internet itself is fine, but the keyboard is really crappy, and is making my hand cramp up.
ok, maybe i´ve complained enough for the day.

One thing i don´t think i could ever get used to, is getting begged for money by children.
I experienced it in Kosovo, and it broke my heart to have to ignore them. Wel, its my own personal choice to ignore them, but i feel if i give some to one child, i have to give money to all.
We´ve seen a lot of the indigenous people, often mothers with a few children, just sitting on the side of the streets. Its hard to just walk by, but i do.
I do hope though, that I don´t get desensitized to seeing that scene.

Sorry its so incoherent, for people reading this.
I´ll try to keep it more coherent from now on, but I´m feeling rushed so its hard to write in an organized fashion!

Tommy, thanks for dropping by Saturday morning, sorry i was just scrambling around and not having a chance to sit and talk!
Grace, thanks for the letter ;)

Miss all of you in toronto & tokyo (or wherever in japan you are...)!!

I´ll write again soon.

omg...the music playing at this internet cafe is New Kids on the Block... i kid you not....
ok, going now....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home