YEWS Asuka In Cochabamba, BOLIVIA

Friday, September 03, 2004

Its a Beautiful Day

Even though I am a big believer of "fate" and "destiny", I also do believe that a lot of things in life are in your hands.

Its so easy for me to get depressed here.
Its frustrating not to be able to understand what your host family is saying to you, and you feel horrible if you miscommunicated and they had prepared dinner for you when you thought you had conveyed to them that you won`t need dinner.
And I haven`t had a warm (I don`t need hot, just lukwarm would be fabulous) shower in like 4 days.

I could choose to be miserable, but I refuse to.

Today, I woke up and looked over my Spanish notebook, and went to breakfast and put an effort into talking to my host family.
They are always very supportive (although i wish they would speak slower...must learn how to say "slower"!!)

I felt great after breakfast, and I stepped out to go to the market with Tiana (the other intern here with me)
It was a bit cloudy, but I noticed so many beautiful flowers blooming on the side of the street in my neighbourhood, and took a few pictures.

Then the sun came out.

People often think they have the worst luck, or think everything bad happens to them. But there`s always a silver lining somewhere.

Its important for me to write a post like this when i`m in the mood because i can read it when i`m down, and remember that I can choose to be sad and lonely, or I can go out and enjoy the environment I`m in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home